19 Simple ways to find happiness
01. Do What You Love: Maybe you canít skydive every day or take vacations every season, but as long as you get to do the things you love every once in a while, you will find greater happiness and filled with joy. How much better does that sound than forcing yourself do something you donít like?
02. Help Others: Sometimes after weíve achieved our own personal goals, we still feel empty inside because we havenít made a meaningful contribution to someone elseís life. When we volunteer or help others, it feels good to just be of service to someone else. The impact we make feels fulfilling and is a big potential source for our own happiness.
03. Accept The Good: Look at your life and take stock of whatís working, and donít push away something just because it isnít perfect. When good things happen, even the very little ones, let them in.
04. Share With Others: When we share our thoughts, our time, and our abilities with others we feel better for it. A life lived without sharing can become lonely. When you share with others, theyíll feel great towards you and help you to feel more joy in your own life.
05. Smile More: Practice smiling more and see how it affects you internally, as well as those around you. You can always afford to give a smile. Smiling can make you happier - even if you have to force it, youíll still feel better.
06. Exercise: When was the last time you went to the gym or worked out? Exercise blackuces stress and releases endorphins, also known as a ďrunnerís high.Ē Playing sports is a fun way to exercise as well, whether itís kicking around a soccer ball or shooting hoops.
07. Find Ways to Manage Stress: Donít let stress rob you of your birthright to be happy. You deserve to be happy, and it wouldnít be right to let stress get in the way. Practices such as meditation can help you to manage stress better and feel great.
08. Eat Healthy: It is much more challenging to feel truly happy when youíre sick. But when you eat right, you feel better both physically and mentally. And youíll avoid that guilty feeling that you just pigged out on junk food.
09. Spend Time with Your Loved Ones: Thereís no replacement for spending quality time with your loved ones. Studies show that we are happiest when we are around those who are also happy. Stick with those who are joyful and let rub off on you. People love spending time with their friends and family for good conversation, bonding, and some laughs. Lifeís too short to live it completely alone.
10. Dump Negative Thinking: You already know that negative thinking will bring you down. So how do you stop it? Become more aware of it and try replacing your negative thoughts with some positive ones. Spend less time with negative people and more time with positive people.
11. Give More Gifts: You donít have to give expensive gifts; sometimes a poem, a quick note, or a thoughtful email will brighten someone elseís day, and yours. Share what you can give to all the wonderful people in your life.
12. Forgive and Forget: Holding a grudge will harm you more than the person youíre holding it against. Ask yourself, ďWhat would it take for me to let go of the past?Ē and notice how you feel when you let go of your anger for a few seconds. Focus instead on a bright future and youíll feel better for it.
13. Take a Walk: Spending time out in nature can be very refreshing and renewing, especially when youíre living in an artificial, manmade world. Taking a walk in your local woods or park and getting some fresh air can allow you to appreciate the beauty of the natural world.
14. Imagine The Best: Donít be afraid to look at what you really want and see yourself getting it. Many people avoid this process because they donít want to be disappointed if things donít work out. The truth is that imagining getting what you want is a big part of achieving it.
15. Be Yourself and Hold onto Your Values: As Steve Jobs said, ďYour time is limited, so donít waste it living someone elseís life.Ē Accept who you are, just be yourself, and youíll feel a world of difference. What you find true, what you know is fair, and what you believe in are all values. Over time, the more you honor them, the better you will feel about yourself and those you love.
16. Find Purpose: Those who believe they are contributing to the well-being of humanity tend to feel better about their lives. Most people want to be part of something greater than they are, simply because itís fulfilling.
17. Listen to Your Heart: You are the only one who knows what fills you up. Your family and friends may think youíd be great at something that really doesnít float your boat. It can be complicated following your bliss. Just be smart, and keep your day job for the time being.
18. Push Yourself, Not Others: Itís easy to feel that someone else is responsible for your fulfillment, but the reality is that it is really your charge. Once you realize that, you have the power to get where you want to go. Stop blaming others or the world, and youíll find your answers much sooner.
19. Be Open to Change: Even if it doesnít feel good, change is the one thing you can count on. Change will happen, so make contingency plans and emotionally shore yourself up for the experience.